Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Adventures in Registering


I love registering. I kinda wish I could do it every day. I've had my china picked out before I met Fiance (who does not like registering).
In the spirit of getting my tasks done as soon as possible, we first started registering in February. First on the list: Vera Wang Grosgrain China!! Have you seen anything more beautiful?! It's perfect. It has my two favorite "patterns": stripes and dots (which you will see a bunch throughout the wedding planning). It's simple, elegant, and PERFECT! I cannot wait to cook a Thanksgiving dinner to serve on these beautiful plates. I know some poeple think china isn't contempary enough for the "millenials", but I disagree. I love cooking and presenting the perfect dinner, and there really isn't a better way to do it than on china. I hope we use them weekly for special dinners!

Since my mom wasn't with us, on our next trip to the mall I took her to go see the wonderfulness of Vera. This visit happened to coincide with a Macy's home sale, so that lead to my mom going nuts and purchasing our first two place settings and soup bowls! YES!! We now have china for Fiance and I, but you need to BYOC if you come over for dinner, at least until August when the showering starts.

This weekend Fiance and I went finished up most of the registry. He gets to hold the scanner, and wander off while I was comparing shades of white and ivory for about 20 minutes. This 20 minute debate lead to at least an hour on Monday of cleaning up the registry after he scanned whatever he could find. My favorite:
Because, really, who doesn't need a 5 foot tall popcorn maker?! Maybe I should leave it on just to see if anyone is crazy enough to purchase it for us....thoughts?


No comments:

Post a Comment